Current time: 12-13-2017, 10:50 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
HI! All!
04-03-2011, 08:56 AM
RE: HI! All!
why is it soo hard to log in? i have tried severel times and not be successful..so I stop trying for a couple of days...

what is new with everyone?

WW have you found a cheap place for me yet? LOL....

How is everyone?

anne
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi Anne, are you sure you put your username and password correctly? Sometimes the system shows you are not logged in but when you click on any post it shows you are. So next time you have this issue maybe you can try that.
04-04-2011, 06:30 AM
I will try! also.I'm computer challanged..I need to reset my password and not keep clicking on the reset password thingy!

We had one heck of a thunderstorm last nite...High winds and quater size hail....and today it is cold again! YUCK!

Boy do I need Hawaii now!

anne
04-05-2011, 06:12 PM
(04-04-2011 06:30 AM)Anne Wrote:  I will try! also.I'm computer challanged..I need to reset my password and not keep clicking on the reset password thingy!

We had one heck of a thunderstorm last nite...High winds and quater size hail....and today it is cold again! YUCK!

Boy do I need Hawaii now!

anne

I saw some pics on the weather report tonight of some of the damage. It listed 1300 storm reports from all over the SE region.
04-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Hi all...

I have tried logging on everyday for the last several days..It says I'm logged in but when I try to post it says I'm not....then I have to fiqure out what the stupid letters are to also use to log in....

Is there anywhere you can make this easier for computer challanged people like me?

anne
04-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi Anne, the only thing I can think of is to create a new account for you, even though I am afraid you may have the same issue then again. Maybe there is a problem with your computer because I have not heard so far anyone else to have trouble logging in. Maybe there is a firewall or something on your computer that gives you this trouble.
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Anne-
Sorry but becuase you use the library computers, you can't stay logged in (unless that is you can use the same computer there every day.
Rich
04-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Hi All,
Sorry that I haven't been on much lately. I've had a terrible cold. I seem to get a cold once every ten years and when I do, it's real bad. The last time I had a cold like this was when I was on vacation on Maui.
It's funny, I went to a few different places to find cold medicines here and didn't have any luck. I like Alka Selzer Cold Plus and couldn't find any of that either.
So, it was back to the basics, feed a cold,starve a fever,lots of fluids and plenty of rest. Here in Hawaii, it's like having a bad summer cold. It just doesn't want to go away and just kicks your butt no matter how you treat it.
My friends all have their opinions on how to treat a bad cold here too. I felt so bad that I wanted to try one of them but didn't have any whiskey,lol.
We had a good thunder and lightning storm here earlier in the week and I missed it because I didn't feel good. It's been cold here but the last couple of days have been very warm. It rained here all yesterday afternoon and it looks like it might do it again today.
Well, I hope everyone is doing better than me. Anne,try logging in from the same computer but they also might be clearing the cookie files often too. Ask someone that works there about that and maybe they can not do that to one of them for you. Good luck on that.
The kids are doing fine. Luckily,I didn't get them sick. I slept in the spare bedroom away from them and that has seemed to work out so far.
The news here everyday seems to focus on Japan. Tourism from Japan to here has taken a very big hit. Since we've had radiation fallout from Japan also,it's unclear how much that has had an impact on tourism from other places including the mainland. This was suppose to be the year for recovery for Hawaii hotels but since the earthquake and tsunami,the numbers have been dropping.
The other issue that we are dealing with is that we have a debris field that just arrived from the Japan tsunami. Just a bunch of wood and stuff showing up around the beaches and we still have a complete house from the Big Island tsunami floating around out there too.
All in all, I'm finally starting to feel better and hope to be more active next week. I hope to see everyone back on here again soon. Bye for now.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
04-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Hi all....I have been at the library since 10 after 9 to do my taxes...It is now 11:451 thre are 12 people in front of me! i have to be out of here at 3 to pick up the grandsons from school!

WW you poor thing! you sound misable!(sp).. i have been wondering how Hawaii was doing! I bet everything is taking a big hit! That is just awful!

I tried to call you last week to check on you...but went straight to voice mail...didn't leave a message...figured you were asleep with the cold!

did you find me a cheap place to live? LOL!

i'm so tired of being tired...

anne
04-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you've also been sick. Yes, I know what you mean by getting sick once every 10 years. Same for me. When I got sick 3 weeks ago, it was also bad. Bronchitis, fever, etc. I hope you're feeling better soon. Keep on drinking lots of liquids and rest until the cold is completely over.

Yes, the news from Japan hasn't been good at all and I think the tourism industry is just now beginning to see the effect from it. I didn't know about this debris field. I didn't know that it could get here that fast because on the news they said it would take between 1-3 years to get here. But today as I was walking along the Ala Wai Canal I noticed a lot of wooden pieces and other trash floating on it, much more than the usual. So I'm wondering if this is part of the tsunami debris.