Current time: 12-10-2017, 03:58 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Find a place before getting there?
11-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Sad Find a place before getting there?
HELP!!HuhHuhHuh
I am moving to Oahu in 22 days and am worried about finding a place once I get there... I have a job lined up, am moving my car, and am setting up to bring minimal items.
I am bringing my cat with me, and need to know if it's best to wait until I am physically there before I look for a place or should I have one secured before I move?
I fly out December 1st, and have a hotel for the week, then start work on December 10th...

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT! THANK YOU!
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2012, 10:31 AM
RE: Find a place before getting there?
I think it will be difficult to have a place before getting here. Landlords usually like to see the people who move into their place. If you have a good credit history and a job lined up, it shouldn't be a problem finding a place. Check craigslist and the local newspaper.
Find all posts by this user
11-11-2012, 11:53 AM
(11-11-2012 10:31 AM)kaniamea Wrote:  I think it will be difficult to have a place before getting here. Landlords usually like to see the people who move into their place. If you have a good credit history and a job lined up, it shouldn't be a problem finding a place. Check craigslist and the local newspaper.

Thank you for responding. The only issue I have been running into is the fact that most of the rental properties don't take pets. I have found so very few that do, and many times they are actually scams.
11-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Yes, that's true. Finding a place when you have a pet is a bit more tricky. There is no rental website that only lists pet-friendly rentals, so all you can do is sift through craigslist and the newspaper until you find a place where pets are allowed. I wish you good luck that you find the perfect place soon!
Find all posts by this user