Current time: 12-12-2017, 09:51 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Exploring Hilo area beaches
03-15-2011, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:20 PM by eleakai.)
Exploring Hilo area beaches
Yesterday I went to Carlsmith Beach Park, which is locted near Hilo Airport. I didn't expect the Hilo beaches to be so interesting. This beach park has a few lagoons that are sheltered from the incoming surf. They have a sandy ocean bottom and the turtles in it are so tame they swim right up to the snorkelers. Since the lagoons have incoming freshwater from underground springs, the water is a bit chilly in some areas and warmer in others. But the lagoons are shallow and are pleasant to swim in. The beach park and lagoon area is big and it looks like a huge man-made outdoor natural pool. I also went to Onekahakaha Beach Park, Keaukaha Beach Park, Leleiwi Beach Park and Richardson's, which all have similar sheltered swimming areas. Richardson's and Leleiwi were the most crowded. Richardson had a small black sand beach and small children were playing in this small cove.

Carlsmith Beach Park

Hilo Bayfront Park

James Kealoha Beach Park

Keaukaha Beach Park

Leleiwi Beach Park

Onekahakaha Beach Park

Reeds Bay Beach Park

Richardson Beach Park

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: Exploring Hilo area beaches
All I can say is, I wish I was a US citizen not a citizen of the country I am from.
Quote this message in a reply