Current time: 12-12-2017, 05:40 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Diamond Head Fountain
01-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Diamond Head Fountain
I really love this fountain but the problem is that sometimes it's on but most of the time is off in the evenings when I've tried to photograph it before or maybe I just got luckly because it is going into springtime and they haven't changed the timers yet. Keep in mind that I didn't have my tripod with me and didn't expect for this fountain to be on.
So what I did was used what was around me. I found a telephone and a poled street sign to put my camera up against to steady it to avoid a blurry picture due to the elapse time needed to capture these under low light conditions and it worked. There not the best but at least you can clearly see the beautiful fountain in front of Outrigger Canoe Club and the Waikiki Elks Club on Kalakaua Avenue just in front of Diamond Head. I hope you like the pictures and enjoy.

Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2011, 07:00 PM
RE: Diamond Head Fountain
Great nighttime pictures. Thanks for posting them. I have seen this fountain only in the daytime. But now I can see that it looks even better at night.
Find all posts by this user
01-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I find it's not easy to shot moving water and fireworks at night but I keep trying,lol.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
01-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Yes, that's true, it is challenging to capture moving water at night but you did a good job! Smile
Find all posts by this user