Current time: 12-11-2017, 04:31 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
____ Days till I'm in Hawaii
06-27-2011, 10:24 PM
RE: ____ Days till I'm in Hawaii
Our summer here so far has been a bit wetter than usual. Even Diamond Head still looks kind of green on the cliffs (usually in the summer it's all dry and brown). Last weekend for example I had planned to go to a botanical garden up in Manoa. I took the bus there, but didn't get off the bus at the last stop because I couldn't even see the mountain. It was covered in one big rain cloud and the rain was blowing sideways. Since the sun was shining too, it immediately evaporated the rain and made it feel like in a steam sauna. The weather forecast today announced that this week will be hot and humid.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2011, 04:21 AM
Rain, shine, 60 degrees, 120 degrees, I don't care, as long as I am there!!! Big Grin
07-07-2011, 04:00 AM
11 more days!!! Smile
07-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Only a few more days are left until you come and I'm sure you'll have a great trip. It's still a bit on the rainy side here (a few sprinkles every day), but otherwise it's warm. Today I went to a botanical garden in Manoa Valley. I'll post some pictures shortly.
07-15-2011, 02:56 AM
I know you are are going to have a great time! I can't wait to hear about your trip! I have been really busy since I got back from Hawaii so I could not post my pics. Hopefully I can post my pics soon!!! I know you will be loving life on your trip to Hawaii Wish I was going back there with you myself!!!!!
07-15-2011, 04:43 AM
Thanks kaniamea and Dude! I am so excited. I can barely sleep. I have started packing, and I feel like I'm pretty much ready to go. Just waiting for Monday to roll around! It has been 3 years since I have been there, far too long! Hawaii here I come!! Big Grin
07-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Have a great time in Hawaii and a safe trip! Look forward to hearing about your visit to the islands.
07-16-2011, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2011 12:41 PM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
Hi Blinky,
I didn't realize it's been one month since my last confession to anything on this forum. I will say that the weather here has been fantastic to say the least. We've had rain at times but mostly late in the evening when tourists are too drunk to even notice it because they are dry by the time they run and get to their hotels or early in the mornings as the sun comes up and the trades pick up speed.
It will say that the trades seem to slow down in the middle of the day in the summers and it will get very muggy. Actually, we have a chance for 90 degree weather this coming week and you might want to wear nothing at all but as we get up in age, that may not be a good idea,lol. I can't remember the last time I could pass the mirror test,lol.
I hope you have a really great time over here, good times can be had by everyone here. You might want to bring your own booze and cigarettes though, the prices have gone through the roof here. Don't forget your Sam's Club and Costco cards for the biggest savings here. It seems that we only shop at those places and Sav-ons or Foodland. Food Panty is a no no,lol. They charge double for everything it seems.
How about some good news? Waikiki has been experiencing some killer waves the last couple of weeks and that is suppose to continue. In fact, we have a good south swell coming in on Tuesday and will be close to Advisory levels.
The North Shore on the other hand is the opposite. It's been flat (less than 2 feet) and very quite in the summer months.
In Waikiki, the waves have been just beautiful! Bring lots of Memory Sticks for pictures since no one uses film anymore.
Either way, you'll have a wonderful time and we'll look forward to your vacation pictures. Bring a designated walker so that you make it back to your room without hitting mailboxes,street lamps or step in the path of TheBus (because they don't stop unless someone is on their bus stops locations) and taxis are only $6-$12 to get anywhere in Waikiki.
Have a drink for me and Dude while you're here. Remember that whatever happens in Waikiki, you can tell us here,we wouldn't tell anyone,lol. Have a great time!!
Big Grin
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
07-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Monday is just around the corner. Have a wonderful vacation, Blinky!
07-17-2011, 03:01 AM
Safe Travels Binky, Have A Great Time.