Current time: 11-24-2017, 05:45 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dance anyone?
05-07-2011, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 12:59 PM by eleakai.)
Dance anyone?
Maui has some outstanding entertainment. This would include the several Luau's, the evening feast.
This is from the Royal Lahina resort Luau:

Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2011, 09:06 PM
RE: Dance anyone?
It looks and sounds great! Is this a beachfront luau?
Find all posts by this user
05-09-2011, 01:42 AM
I should have been dancing with her!!!!Big Grin
05-09-2011, 03:03 PM
I have been to this luau years ago and I am pretty sure it is beachfront. We just had the Merry Monarch Festival in Hilo and got to watch on TV here last week. Many of these hula dancers are veterans of this competition and it's a great honor.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
05-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Yes, the luau is beachfront. This dancer is on a stage set against the sky. We have been there a number of times. It is also the location for the Kaanapali Beach Luau. Iis a value priced luau using the facilities on what I believe on the nights that they don't use it. We found it to be average (luau normal menu) food with outstanding entertainment at the show.
I believe that I read the hotel was going to be under renovation.
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Yeah, many beachfront hotels and properties on Maui and the Big Island were effected by the last tsunami in one form or another. They currently have FEMA offices open on both of those islands for people to file claims.
Just in case you guys didn't know this. The biggest wave to come on shore here in Oahu was 17 feet and it happen on the North Shore. So to say that we were lucky was an understatement.
Any idea how much it costs to go to this luau,Rich?
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
05-10-2011, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 12:59 PM by eleakai.)
I believe that the renovation planned was before the wave. The Royal Lahina was an example of the 60's resorts on Maui when the height limitation forced a lot of low rise buildings. Size was increased with the addition of some smaller buildings. I think that the intent was going to be to tear down the older buildings and build a new larger one.
Cost? Threre are about three brackets for prices. PP $90, 110, 150 and over $200. Then there is the Kaanapali Beach Luau at about $60. The Royal Lahina falls in the first range at about $90, depending on where and how you buy the ticket.
Here are some clips of the KBL.

05-12-2011, 02:23 AM
Hey Rich, there might be a video of me dancing in Hawaii on my trip later this month!!!!Big Grin
05-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Great, I'll buy two cd's of it Smile
05-13-2011, 02:57 AM
I will post it Rich so you don't have to waste your money!!!Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Make sure you are drinking heavy the day you watch it! LMAO