Current time: 11-24-2017, 05:45 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cruise along Oahu's leeward coast
09-14-2012, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:35 PM by eleakai.)
Cruise along Oahu's leeward coast
There are a few tour companies that take you out on a cruise along Oahu's west shore. Some leave at the Waianae Boat Harbor, others at the Ko Olina Marina. Along the way, you can see several leeward beaches, including Pokai Bay, Maili Beach, Turtle Beach and Makaha Beach, all backed by the majestic Waianae Mountain Range. If you do an early morning tour, you can see spinner dolphins. Later in the day they are less active. Other marine life that you're likely to see are Hawaiian green sea turtles and flying fish. The water is very clear and you can see the ocean bottom, covered with corals. On very calm summer days you can see the bottom even from the boat. Yesterday the ocean was a bit choppy, so you had to get into the water to see the corals.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: Cruise along Oahu's leeward coast
If you don't mind me asking, how much (ballpark) do the tours cost? In July I drove up the leeward coast all the way to the end of the paved road, saw the Kaneana cave (too bad it was full of broken bottles and trash) and just enjoyed a nice relaxing drive. Your pictures look great and looks like a great vantage point, so close into shore, to take in the coastline, and wildlife.
09-14-2012, 05:23 PM
This tour that I took was $99 for kamaaina (but this rate doesn't include the shuttle to the marina). It's an extra $25. The non-kamaaina rate that includes the shuttle from Waikiki is $140. This tour was 3.5 hours long and lunch was included.
Find all posts by this user
09-14-2012, 07:13 PM
that's not a bad price for that long of a cruise with lunch, but I think I'll wait until I get my drivers licence and save 40 bucks (times 3 w/ my wife and kid!!)