Current time: 12-11-2017, 08:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buying discounted foods, vitamins and supplies in Hawaii
02-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Buying discounted foods, vitamins and supplies in Hawaii
Here in Hawaii, you need to be creative when it comes to saving money on your grocery and supplies bill. Prices are generally more expensive compared to many other places in the U.S., and if you are living on a budget or like to save money, you need to buy things in bulk at stores such as Sams Club and Costco (or only shop what's on sale at a regular supermarket). There are some pretty good and affordable items in these big stores, but if you're health conscious and would also like to buy organic or natural products, things can get pricey in Hawaii. Also, there are not many health food stores in Hawaii, and the ones that are here are not really affordable for people on a budget.

A few months ago I discovered the website Vitacost and I began to shop on the site on a regular basis and ever since I saved a lot of dollars on products I used to buy in the local stores here. To give you some examples: Amy's Organic Tomato Soup costs $2.87 on their site, while in Honolulu's Foodland this same soup is between $4 and $5; Woodstock Farms Organic Kosher Sliced Dill Pickles is $5.40 on their site and the same product at the local health food store Down to Earth is around $7.50; etc.

There are many cheap vitamins and cosmetics on this site as well. Also this is one of the very few companies that delivers to Hawaii for a very low cost of $10 for an entire order (even if you order many items and they have to split the items into three or more boxes the cost will still be only $10 for delivery). Often times (almost on a monthly basis) they offer free shipping when your order is over $100, so then you basically get everything shipped to Hawaii for free.

Items are delivered with UPS right to your door, so that's really cool (no need to carry anything heavy). The only disadvantage of ordering online is that (even though this happens only rarely), some items could arrive a bit dented. I don't know if that's because they were not well wrapped or because the UPS driver drove too fast, LOL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply