Current time: 10-19-2017, 01:39 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buy pets before moving to Hawaii or wait?
12-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Buy pets before moving to Hawaii or wait?
My husband and I are hoping to be getting job transfers in the next couple months, but I would be staying until our daughter finishes school for the year. My question is that we are wanting to get a puppy and/or kitten and with reading the criteria Hawaii has for animals coming on to the Island, I was wondering if it was better to wait to get the island and purchase a pet there or get it now and get all the criteria accomplished prior to our arrival. I'm wanting to get a lab puppy and a persian kitten, which I am having trouble finding on Oahu. Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2012, 10:31 AM
RE: Buy pets before moving to Hawaii or wait?
As some one who is looking to move with a cat already, I recommend WAIT!!!! There are so many requirements that need to be timed correctly. Also depending on the age of the animal you are looking to get depends on how long you need to wait before requirements can be fulfilled. Animals are in abundance over in Hawaii, and I am sure you can find one that you will love dearly. The other issue would be if you are renting, finding a place that will allow you to have pets. It is a lot harder to find a place that is pet friendly then on the main land. I have done a bunch of research on moving an animal, so if you have any questions just let me know. Hope this helps some. Aloha
Quote this message in a reply