Current time: 12-13-2017, 12:42 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
British living in Oahu
12-20-2012, 02:37 AM
RE: British living in Oahu
Hi! I am Joy, I'm emailing from a TV production company based in the UK, called NERD. We are currently in the early stages of developing a US based factual show for an American channel. I am researching on British expats in America, I thought that Hawaii is pretty interesting. I am currently looking for a charismatic/characterful person who is doing a somehow odd job. I am thinking that you might be able to help me. I presume you have been living there in Hawaii for sometime now. I will really appreciate it!

Kind regards,

Joy
22 Bloomsbury Street
London
WC1B 3QJ
T: + 44 (0)207 043 0080
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 08:54 PM by kaniamea.)
British Expat in ARIZONA
Hi,My name is kevin,im from birmingham uk me and my family have moved Arizona,we plan to move to hawaii 2013 june.Im will to help out if you need my help,we have lived in newzealand for 3yrs and OZ for 1yr.
thank you
kevin bailey (001 520 4246 1180
01-31-2013, 07:40 AM
Hi,Joy
ive just spoke to you on the phone but very bad line my email is kevinbailey105@msn.com 001 520 42 46 118

thanks kevin bailey
03-21-2013, 07:22 AM
Hi there!

I moved to Oahu a couple of years ago and started working at the zoo. However I'm now looking for work as I made a joke about assault rifles on my facebook page and they didn't get my British sense of humour :-(

Anyways, I'm in the Kaimuki area so if anyone wants to buy me a beer or give me a job feel free to drop me a line ;-)

Geoff
03-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Sorry to hear what happened. Maybe it would be best if you contact a local job agency and maybe they can give you advice considering the circumstances.
03-22-2013, 07:07 AM
(03-21-2013 10:52 PM)kaniamea Wrote:  Sorry to hear what happened. Maybe it would be best if you contact a local job agency and maybe they can give you advice considering the circumstances.

Thanks Kaniamea! I've signed up with a couple of job agencies and I've been scouring Craigslist for things too! I haven't spent too much time looking as we have had family visiting (and I got married a couple of weeks ago)! I'm also trying to start up my own web design business!

Oh I also have two chickens in our backyard so if anyone ever wants any eggs just let me know, I have plenty!
03-22-2013, 07:15 AM
These days it can be challenging to find jobs on craigslist because there isn't much in the Hawaii section and telecommuting jobs are mostly done by people located in foreign countries. So the pay is quite low. For people trying to make a living in Hawaii this is challenging. Good luck with your web design business! And also congratulations on getting married!