Current time: 11-25-2017, 01:21 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BBQ/Pavillion rental in Kamala Beach Park?
01-20-2011, 05:28 AM
BBQ/Pavillion rental in Kamala Beach Park?
Does anyone know if you have to reserve/rent the pavillions or BBQ areas in Kamala Beach Park? I'm looking to have a get together with family and friends in the fall.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2011, 01:49 PM
RE: BBQ/Pavillion rental in Kamala Beach Park?
(01-20-2011 05:28 AM)Bekah Wrote:  Does anyone know if you have to reserve/rent the pavillions or BBQ areas in Kamala Beach Park? I'm looking to have a get together with family and friends in the fall.

Hello and welcome to our ohana forum. To be honest with you and don't know Maui all that great and I don't know this park. The best answer that I can give to you is don't give the city and county any ideas,lol. Currently,there is no fees that I'm aware of but they are first come,first served. I would go pick out a spot the day before and see if any bums live there in the one you want. I don't know if Maui is like Waikiki. We have regulars that hang out in certain ones that play Chess and others where the homeless keep all of there stuff and pretty much live there but Maui could be completely different. My best advice is to get there early and start setting up your stuff because the police doesn't allow anyone in those pavillion from 2am to 6 am and it is for the reason that you started this thread.
Also,don't forget to read the blue signs that tells you what is not allowed such as golfing,horseshoes,feeding pigeons and animals and so on. If they do not allow BBQ's,it will be on those signs but keep in mind that our police seem to be more human in their enforcement that other places and will walk or drive right on by without saying a word. The reason is that sometimes,they will get someone that will pile a bunch of pallets and set them on fire and call that a family bbq,you see my point? Rules here are just an enforcement tool only when needed. That is called the sense of aloha here and that is why I live here. Now if we are talking about a holiday weekend,you will have to think ahead and figure that other people are thinking just like you. We see that often here like at Ala Moana Beach Park during certain events like the Hawaii Lantern Floating and the Fourth of July where the city might offer camping permits in order for you to have the best spot. Just check it out on your first day and plan accordingly. This way,you will know if they have a bbq's already or if you need to buy one and so on.
If you have anymore questions,please feel free you post them here and we will try to find you the best answers. Again,welcome to our forum.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
01-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Well, I have never heard of Kamala Beach Park on Maui. Or do you mean Kalama Beach Park? If it's Kalama Beach Park where you want to get together with your family, here is the website of Maui County, where info about the park is listed: http://www.co.maui.hi.us/facilities.aspx...age=detail On there it also give you the contact number of the Permits Clerk. Give him a call to see if the pavilions have to be reserved in advance and if there is any fee. I'm not sure if you have to reserve them or if there is a fee because I have never picnicked in this park, only visited. But I'm sure the Permits Clerk will be able to answer your question. I hope this info helps! Aloha and welcome to our forum!
Find all posts by this user
01-21-2011, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2011 07:57 PM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
I am not familiar with any fees for using the covered area and feel that they are pretty much a first come first serve basis. I haven't seen any social activities like the chess matches in Waikiki on Maui either.