Current time: 11-24-2017, 05:56 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A good place to see departing planes on Oahu
09-02-2011, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:52 PM by eleakai.)
A good place to see departing planes on Oahu
A good spot to see departing planes on the island of Oahu is Ke'ehi Lagoon Beach Park, located right next to Honolulu International Airport. The swimming isn't good here because the nearshore ocean bottom is rocky, but it's a great place for kayaking. Many outrigger canoe regattas take place here.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2011, 03:07 PM
RE: A good place to see departing planes on Oahu
Wow, the first time I have ever seen weeds growing out of the ocean Smile
Actually Waikiki Beach is a pretty good place to watch them arrive and depart too.
09-03-2011, 04:25 PM
These are small mangrove trees that grow in the lagoon. A friend of mine told me that mangrove grows here and she said in the past she took some for her aquarium at home. Yes, Waikiki Beach is also good for watching planes, as is Sand Island and Magic Island. What I like about this lagoon is that you can see the airplanes really close and flying low because the airport is right next door.
09-07-2011, 07:06 PM
I had not thought about them being trees. The Mangrove is a hearty breed isn't it.
I used to lay on the beach at Waikiki and when seeing a plane come in, imagine how people were both excited and exhausted. When I would see a plane leave, I would say a little Aloha to myself.
09-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Yes, I often times see airplanes leaving and departing from Ala Moana Park too. Every time I see one I try to imagine how people feel when they arrive or depart, especially when I see large planes, indicating a long-distance trip.