Kauai Coffee Company
The Kauai Coffee Company is a great place to visit if you like coffee. It is located in Ele'ele on Kauai's south shore, right on Highway 540 (also known as Kauai's Coffee Highway), which makes for a convenient stop on your way to Waimea Canyon (or on your way back). This is the largest coffee grower in Hawaii, as well as in the entire United States, with over four million coffee trees grown on 3,100 acres.
At the visitor center you can sample their entire line of 100% estate-grown coffees. And best of all, the coffee tasting is free. There is a lanai with tables where you can sit down and enjoy the large variety of coffees, get a cookie from their snack bar and watch a short video that explains how they grow and harvest their coffee. Or you can take your cup of coffee and walk around the building to do a self-guided garden tour. It's about a one-mile (1.6 km) walk through a coffee field and along the way are signs that tell you more about how coffee is grown, the different varieties, harvesting, etc.
After your coffee tasting, you can visit their gift shop, where you can purchase coffee to take home with you, as well as other souvenir items, such as grinders, press pots, insulated mugs, island-style pancake mixes, T-shirts, baseball caps, sweatshirts and more.
June 1 – August 31: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
September 1 – May 31: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thanksgiving: 9 am – 2:30 pm
Christmas Eve: 9 am – 2:30 pm
Christmas Day: Closed
New Years Eve: 9 am – 3:00 pm
New Years Day: 11 am – 5 pm
Kauai Coffee Company Overview
- All coffee beans are grown, harvested, roasted and packaged right here on their plantation (no foreign or imported beans are used)
- Large variety of coffees are produced, including Peaberry, Yellow Catuai and Typica, as well as flavored varieties (vanilla, chocolate, macadamia nut, hazelnut and more)
- Taste their estate-grown coffee right here at the plantation (coffee tasting is free)
- Take a self-guided tour through the plantation (free of charge)
- Nice views of the plantation, which overlooks the ocean
- Sole producer of over half of the coffee grown in the United States
- Committed to following environmentally friendly agricultural practices - largest drip irrigation coffee estate in the world with 2,500 miles (4,023 km) of drip tubing
- Efficient drip irrigation system applies water and fertilizers directly to the roots of the trees, so there is no spraying or dusting of fertilizer
- Coffee beans are GMO free
1 Numila Rd, Kalaheo HI 96741
The coffee estate is located right on Highway 540 (follow the signs). There is a large, unpaved parking lot in front of the visitor center (parking is free).
|No ratings yet. Be the first to add a rating!|